Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Movies

Okay, so I got a little carried away with this list. I can't help it though - I just LOVE Christmas movies. I mean, seriously. How you could not love some of these holiday classics. In no particular order:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966 and 2000)
You in no way can argue against the 1966 version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It is a classic. A classic! At the same time, I found Ron Howard and Jim Carrey's version to be quite hysterical. He brought a whole new flavor to the story and I could watch it over and over.

Without a doubt, one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies. Michael Caine is an amazing Scrooge - probably my favorite ever - and the Muppets make an awesome supporting cast. Gonzo is Charles Dickens! You can't argue that. Also, I may be watching this movie right now. There goes Mr. Humbug there goes Mr. Grim . . .


This movie doubles as a Halloween movie and a Christmas movie - how can you top that!? I'm sure Sandy Clause would beg to differ, but I think this is definitely a contender for best Christmas movie. Plus, it gave us this awesome song that I love to "sing" after the first snow fall - or if you just came across something that you don't recognize.

Honestly, I don't think it's Christmas until you've watched this movie. It's kind of like the Hocus Pocus of Christmas. At least in my eyes anyway.

I know this movie takes place throughout a whole year, but this is the movie that gave us Judy Garland's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" so it gets to be included.
 

Elf (2003)
It's Will Ferrell. As an elf. How cold you not love this movie? Okay, I guess I can see that it appeals to a certain brand of humor. The kind where you have no sense of humor. That was rude. I apologize. Now go watch Elf. Because it's awesome and I said so. And don't forget your maple syrup!
 
 
  
Everything about this movie is just perfection.That's all you need to know.


Honestly, I could have gone on, but then we'd be here all day. I know there are some amazing Christmas movies out there that I missed, but tell me what your favorites are!

And for your further enjoyment, The Ultimate Christmas Movie. Just try not to get too lost on Supercut's YouTube page like I did . . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...